
Let's think about this.
"I can't wait to see you."
Ok. That was true. He could say that and mean it. The problem was the delivery: Would she hear it the right way? He really couldn't wait, but he was more excited than impatient - excited in all the good, traditional ways, and in just as many idiosyncratic ways. Like she was the person to tell. She was the one who should know about everything. Then they could...you know., move forward together.
"I love waking up with you."
Again, true - or anyway, potentially true, and so harder to say at this point. He would love waking up with her, but he never had. They had just met, actually, and though things were going well - hanging out, a few dates, phone calls late at night - it was still pretty early. Was there another way to say the same thing? Not really.
"I brought you something."
Easy to say, but what? Flowers? Maybe a book? A mix cd? A picture?
No comments:
Post a Comment