
We’re watching a Steven King movie.
- So, Grampa...Rita Hayworth?
- Yeah, what about her?
- Hot or not?
- Hot. She was hot.
- Did you think so at the time?
- Sure, she was beautiful. But more of a face - and a body! - than a serious actress. Not like some of them, Betty Davis and all of them. Rita Hayworth was more of a pinup girl. She was Puerto Rican, I think?
- Spanish, maybe?
- Huh. Great dancer. Cover Girl with Gene Kelly. I remember that one - saw it when I was in Hawaii during the war. Did you ever see it?
- Nope. Good?
- It was ok. Her biggest movie was Gilda. That made her famous. Along with that picture: her on the bed in that silk thing. I used to tease your grandmother that she should wear something like that around the house.
- Grandma thinks you looked like Gregory Peck.
- Ha, I did.
- You think so?
- No, but if she thinks so...
He smiles and winks, cartoonishly, like an old man.
No comments:
Post a Comment